Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

MOTHERS

Mothers are the gardeners who plant the seeds,
The water that nurse the buds,
The hands that pull the weeds
Which stand in their seedlings way.

Mothers are the bright golden sun
Shining on the seeds all her love
So that someday their babies will bloom
With the help from God above

But, even if their seeds don't bloom right away
Mothers don't give up on their little heirs
They become the shelter from the wind
They give up all their cares

Someday, with the help from their mothers,
The seeds become flowers
For all the world to enjoy
The works of a mother's special powers.

When the time comes where
The mother could use some support in her life
She will realize that all the tilling and hoeing
Was worth all the strife.

It is at this time that the flowers bloom
most strong,Giving her love and joy
To last her whole life long
Singing to her a rose colored song.
I was cleaning out my desk a while ago and I found this poem in one of my old notebooks. I wrote this a long time ago, way before I even had my own kids. I thought that it would be nice to post it on Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Jessie Mae said...

Wow Stacy, that's such a nice poem. Nicely said. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Joannof10 said...

Happy Mother's Day, Stacy. This is a beautiful poem.