Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ava's room is almost done!






Ava's bedroom as been a work in progress. A few months ago we gutted it, added new insulation, and a new floor and ceiling. I had a blank slate to be creative, so I thought of this neat room. Ava calls it her "inside, outside" room. As much as it will serve as a room for her, it will also be a great playplace for Brendan. As you can see in one of the photos below, he has already started mowing the lawn. Its not done yet, we are laying carpet now and then we will put in molding and I still have to paint the closet. I'm kind of sad that its almost done, because I have using it as a place to relax and paint after the kids go to bed. I think it will be a great room for them to use there imagination, but there is one thing I know for sure now, I can't send Ava to her room anymore when she gets into trouble!

We found a cute birds nest at the craft store and added a little bird that Ava made and Brendan loves taking the frogs and turtles off and on the lilly pads.

2 comments:

Joannof10 said...

This is the most awesome room I have ever seen!!! What a great job you did, Stacy and Paul.

Jessie Mae said...

Ava you are a lucky girl! That is an amazing room! Your Mommy and Daddy must love you very much. They did a super job. I also loved watching the video of your recital. You are a good dancer and it looks like you and your Dad had a lot of fun! Elsie tried to dance like you. Maybe some time you can show her how, I'm sure she'd like that.