Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wallaby!



Here is Ava posing with the wallabies she made at last weeks animal show at the library. There is a couple that live in out town who collect exotic animals as pets. Every once in awhile they will host an animal program to show them off. It was very cool. They showed a large african tortoise(Ava's favorite), an albino wallaby and a south american raccoon. I am still mad at myself for not making sure my batteries were charged in my camera before we went because I missed some great photo opportunities. The animals were wandering (hopping) freely around the room with the kids. The raccoon was jumping from shoulder to shoulder of the adults. It really seemed to love Paul's shoulders! The tortoise was bigger than Ava and was just wandering slowly around. It was very social! After the animals, the kids got to make paper wallabies! It was a fun evening.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa H. said...

Beautiful Ava with the wallaby.
Love to you all. XXXX

heavenly bliss said...

I bet you it was awesome. I would have loved to see it!
xoxo Jenny